Workshop Schedule & Descriptions
Need to fine-tune your skills?
All workshops are sponsored by SOLA Employment Center, and held at 14 N. Main Street, Suite 320 and the Coyle Free Library. Pre-registration is required for all workshops and can be done by calling 717-660-9359.Advanced Resume
- If you want to succeed in the workplace of the future, you’ll need the most up-to-date information on Social Media, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Online Job Boards. You’ll learn the 6-step resume writing process designed to get your resume noticed by online systems and recruiters/hiring managers, thereby significantly improving your resume quality and overall job search success.
- Learn how to better use computers.
- Clients will get a basic understanding of what a computer is and what parts make up a computer.
- Client will learn how to access and navigate the internet. The workshop ends with a mouse practice. State Civil Service & County Online Applications and Recruitment Training
- We’ll assist participants in filling out State and County applications to meet minimums and desirables for positions, and schedule testing dates for Civil Service exams and will provide transportation for clients’ to take the test at the Harrisburg Office.
- We’ll help participants prepare for panel style interviews used in the State, County, Non-Profits and Community Employer hiring process. This enables participants to increase their chances of gaining employment; and to better understand the hiring process.
- Learn how to obtain federal employment and decide whether federal employment is right for you.
- Join us to uncover the mystery of obtaining federal employment! Join us to discuss whether federal employment right for you. You will find out where to search for federal employment as well as how to read vacancy announcements. We will provide you with an overview of how to complete customized federal resumes that will make you a competitive and successful federal employment applicant.”
- Find out what financial coaching is all about and how this service can benefit you.
- Want to get your spending in order, pay down debt, save for retirement, or buy a new car? These are just a few examples of goals financial coaching can help you achieve. Before the workshop is over, you will have begun the process of achieving your financial dreams.